We Need More Writers!
Whether this is your first experience with an MMO or you're a hardened veteran, this Guild Wars 2 Gold Guide will show you how to make your first precious gold in a game where gold truly does have tremendous value.
9 Tips to Making Your First Gold in Guild Wars 2
1. Sell unidentified dyes. These easily sell for 5 silver to the highest buyer instantly. If you identify them then they are usually worth far less money.
2. Use all 3 gathering tools right away. You'll see mining, herb, and tree nodes as early as level 2 in this game. So why not have gathering tools from the get go ready to pick up some free money and experience? You'll also get a good chunk of experience for completing daily gathering tasks as well.
3. Combine identical item types with the mystic forge to get more valuable loot. I'm not just talking about combining four pieces of armor, but an example would be four chest pieces of armor. Stick to combining four blue pieces to create a green one which will usually sell for 10x the cost of a blue on the trading post. Four greens of the same type (not just classified as weapon or armor, but individual type of weapon or armor) will usually result in a yellow of that type which can be worth way more than the four greens used in the combining process. By the time you get to the mystic forge you should already have much more than a gold, but in case you're late to the gold making party this tip will likely help you out.
4. Sell green gear/weapons for 1 copper less than lowest seller. When selling gear or weapons, especially green or better ones, look at two things: 1. vendor price and 2. price of lowest seller. If the lowest seller price is 2x or greater than the vendor price, simply subtract one copper from that person and list your item at that amount. Otherwise sell the item to the vendor and move on!
5. Farm and sell on the trading post crafting materials such as weak blood, jute cloth, and small claws. You can find farming spots in this blog, or discover them on your own. If you find an area that drops decent crafting materials, then take your time and clear the whole area once.
6. Sell what you don't need to craft. You'll end up picking two disciplines and often end up with crafting materials which you'll never use. Sell these on the trading post!
7. Compare product values before crafting. Before crafting anything, take a look at the trading post to see if anything you make is actually worth something! Why craft just junk that you'll end up selling to the vendor?
8. Sell white gear to the vendor. There's no point in salvaging white items because more often than not the resulting salvaged items will be worth far less than the cost to salvage plus the money lost by not selling to the vendor.
9. Complete daily quests. Press the H key to view your character. Then click on the achievements sidebar to view all daily quests. Be sure to complete these each day for massive XP rewards and a chest that contains one mystic coin as well as monetary rewards.
10. Keep reading this blog and subscribe! I plan to be here every day delivering more tips that help you make gold in Guild Wars 2. So why click away and never come back when you can get these tips delivered right to your inbox? At the very least, bookmark this blog on your browser and come back frequently for updates!