When to Cancel Buy Orders and Sales Listings
My general rule of thumb is to wait at least 24 hours to cancel buy orders (no penalty) and one week for Sales Listings (5% loss each time).
If you EVER accidentally list an item for gold instead of silver, sometimes it isn't worth it to even bother cancelling it. This is because the 5% penalty is based on whatever you listed the item for.
Now, why do I wait so long to cancel sales listings? Obviously there is a 5% fee, but the real reason comes down to a weekly cycle that the game naturally goes through.
Every Thursday prices across the board, prices tend to drop, particularly in the morning (my time is EST). Then Friday night the prices rise going on into Saturday. Since it takes a week for this cycle to complete, I usually cancel my listings after that time period is over. If I post on Friday and it doesn't sell by the end of next Friday, then there have been two great chances for the item to sell but it didn't. That means it is time to cancel.
I rarely, ever, have to cancel sales listings. Buy orders however, I cancel about half because they don't get fulfilled. I usually over place the buy orders since I'd rather some didn't get fulfilled than miss out on opportunities.
Hope that helps!
Welcome to your go-to Guild Wars 2 Gold Guide!
- December (6)
- November (22)
- October (18)
- September (15)
- August (22)
- July (14)
- June (14)
- May (25)
- April (28)
- March (31)
- February (21)
- January (28)
- December (19)
- November (28)
- Don't Bot Me Bro
- Making Gold During Halloween
- System for Making Gold
- Farming Is Fun
- The Golden Secret
- Selling Boots for Higher Profit Margins
- Upgrade Humps
- Om Nom Nom Nom Berry
- What to do with High Level Materials
- Crafting Mid Level Weapons for Big Profits
- I Just Need 20 More Gold
- When to Cancel Buy and Sell Orders
- Guild Wars 2 Forum Contest
- Why I'm Still Flipping on the Trading Post
- Video Guide to Selling Weapons
- Selling Level 80 Rare Weapons
- Check Your Deposited Collectibles for Gold
- What if We Have No Halloween Items to Sell?
- Share Your Gold Making Ideas
- Crafting Costs by GW2Spidy
- Diversity is the key
- Error: Invalid authorization in Guild Wars 2
- Flipping the Flippers
- Trading Post Fee Calculator
- Stop Buying So Much
- Undercutting Bots, What Do I Do?
- Damn THIS Is A Gold Guide
- Jute Cloth Flipping and Secret Exposed
- Buy Pink Dye for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- How I Lost Nine Gold Today
- September (33)
- August (23)
- July (9)
30 Markets in 30 Days blizzard bug crafting diablo 3 discipline disciplines economy error exploit farming gathering guild wars 2 Guild Wars 2 Build Guide Guild Wars 2 Crafting Guide guild wars 2 forum guild wars 2 gold guide Guild Wars 2 Leveling Guide leveling mining professions salvaging tailoring trading post weapon smithing Wintersday Wintersday Gold Guide