When it comes to armor, I find that masterwork items get me more profit than rares of similar levels. Sure, the rares can usually net me a larger amount of silver per transaction, but the masterwork items move so much faster. Especially at key levels when players look at their character and go... "crap I need to upgrade!" When they get to that point, they try rares and think, "Damn, I can't afford six of these rare pieces of armor and a great weapon. Let me buy the great rare weapon and then fill out my armor / trinket slots with masterwork pieces."
When it comes to weapons, I find that rares do far better than masterwork. In most cases, there are very few masterwork weapons even worth flipping because they are all selling for practically the same cost as the vendor amount. With fees you usually can't even get close to a profit.
That's my reasoning for why those two conditions exist. Think I'm right or wrong?
In the gold guide / forum I outlined a very simple strategy for turning 1 gold into 50 over the course of a week using these ideas plus a few others. Check it out!
Welcome to your go-to Guild Wars 2 Gold Guide!
- ► 2014 (125)
- Plethora of Trading Post Questions
- Taking Advantage of Your Gold
- A Week of Great Searches - Day 5
- A Week of Great Searches - Day 4
- A Week of Great Searches - Day 3
- Razing Expectations - Flame and Frost Patch Live
- A Week of Great Searches - Day 2
- A Week of Great Searches - Day 1
- A Week of Great Searches for GW2 Flippers
- Check Your Ego at the Trading Post
- Market Masochist Markco
- Leveling Crafting Costs Too Much Gold
- Market Fallout After Epic Post
- 50 Items You Can Flip for Profit
- Price You Should Use More Often
- Which Markets are the Most Profitable?
- Flipping Tips for Unidentified Dyes
- Confessions of an Instant Gratification Auctioneer...
- 5 Ideas to Make You More Gold on the Guild Wars 2...
- Saving Gold to Farm Gold
- Poll: Do You Have Consistent Gold Making Strats?
- Big Money from Smaller Profits
- 3 Gold Per Minute
- Masterwork More Profit Than Rares
- We Want More Economic Disasters
- 6 Part Gold Guide Incoming
- March Money Maker with Monthly Achievement
- Great Example of Market Cycle and Gold Making
- Two Cool Magic Find Tips
- Upcoming Blog Carnival Topic for March 15th
- Playing with Fire on the Trading Post
- ▼ March (31)
30 Markets in 30 Days blizzard bug crafting diablo 3 discipline disciplines economy error exploit farming gathering guild wars 2 Guild Wars 2 Build Guide Guild Wars 2 Crafting Guide guild wars 2 forum guild wars 2 gold guide Guild Wars 2 Leveling Guide leveling mining professions salvaging tailoring trading post weapon smithing Wintersday Wintersday Gold Guide